CAPS programs do not have pre-requisites, as long as, students are on track for graduation.
Transportation to/from the program is required for the Education Exploration course.
This course is designed for students who have an interest in learning about future careers in education. Students will have the opportunity to explore the various levels of education including Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School and Post-Secondary.
What will you explore?
• Formal Education • Informal Education
• Lesson Planning • Behavior Management
• Variations of Learning Styles • Differentiated Learning & Instructional Strategies
• Early Childhood Development • Professionalism Skills
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
The job outlook for a career in the education industry is growing at a rate of an 8% increase. As of 2016 the median wage of classroom educators ranged from $55,490 - 58,030. Building administrators are experiencing job growth at 8% and earning an average of $92,510. Examples of employment are: teachers, administrators, professors, child care workers, counselors and corporate trainers.
Dual Credit Opportunities:
Students have the opportunity to earn college credit by dual enrollment through Northwest Missouri State University. (Tuition cost is determined by the University). Courses include:
- Ecology of Teaching (1 credit)
- Developmental Foundations (1 credit)
- Professional Learning Communities I (1 credit)
You could also be eligible for the Raytown School District “Grow Your Own” scholarship.
Need printable information?
Education Exploration Information Flyer
Education Exploration Newsletters: